I recently had the opportunity to mend a Patagonia fleece and decided to have a bit of creative fun with it as well!
The shearling fleece had a large slash down the front, a ripped button, and the binding along the collar was torn. I repaired those things, but then cut the fleece in half and added a different bottom half of a cotton pullover to it that I had lying around of a previous repair (first photo).
I took the bottom half of the shearling pullover and attached it to the top half of a better sweater 1/4 zip because I’ve always wanted those to have pockets (following photos). I do quite a few repairs for Patagonia items because I work for the company, but these were purely personal projects.